At cocktail parties, I say, “I’m a landlord.” People hate that. Everybody hates landlords.
This is why everybody hates landlords: Because they say stuff like this, in the newspaper(!):
- The riskiest tenants are bartenders and servers. They often come home late…
- [He] moved out of my apartment without killing or raping again.
- I moved her belongings into the basement and locked the basement door.
- Nobody paid rent as a child. Renters think apartments should be free, like the wind, rain and baby food.
- I spend a fair amount of time peering in apartment windows for cats, to charge pet fees.
- The good tenants, you don’t remember. You have to look them up.