At 6, the “It’s Personal” episode of the reality show “Swamp People,” above, (not to be confused with “Swamp Thing” 1982, starring Adrienne Barbeau). From Time Warner’s program guide: “Liz offers some of her own hunting ideas to Troy; Willie heads out to hunt solo; R.J. and Jay Paul’s lines come under attack by a vicious cannibal gator; a large hog encroaches on Terral’s property.” Originally aired June 9.
- Commented: “Cannibal gator” is a recurring theme, it would seem, on the show; and even though it sounds like something the “swamp people” made up, it’s actually a well-documented behavior in wild animals.
- Commented: What is it that a “swamp person” can be late for?
- Commented: “Bag a mess of” is exactly what you’d expect “swamp people” to do to squirrels.
- Commented: 1) Why isn’t Jay Paul a J. P.? and 2) “honey hole” is an interesting phrase. In this case, it’s a favored spot for hunting gators, but the application of “honey” as a prefix has widely diverging meanings, as in the terms “honeypot,” “honeywagon,” and “honeymoon.”
- Commented: From this description, it would seem like a good bit of the “Ancient Alien” wad is blown in one show.
- Commented: A delicious blend of mythologies that is sure not to appeal to fans of either.